Friday, January 25, 2013

Everything you've ever wanted to know about HTTP in 6 pages or less (Think "DZone HTTP Refcardz")

Refcardz - 172: HTTP

The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information systems. HTTP is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web.

Hypertext is a multi-linear set of objects, building a network by using logical links (the so-called hyperlinks) between the nodes (e.g. text or words). HTTP is the protocol to exchange or transfer hypertext.

SNAGHTML1ea0ea6e

image

While none of YOU might need this, I know there's nuggets here that I can use right way. I mean I can wait to use this info to help explain to [name deleted... yes, you honey] why her "internet is broken..." :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance of getting this without having to sign-up for "dzone"? Last thing I want is more spam mail.

Greg said...

Not ethically, no.