Thursday, October 27, 2005

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0 have shipped...

Somasegar's WebLog : Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0 shipped!

"Earlier today, we shipped Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0!

This is by far the best Visual Studio and .NET Framework release that we have ever done. I am very proud to be a part of the team that did a phenomenal job of delivering this fantastic product. I also want to take this opportunity to thank the community and early adopter customers for their incredible help and invaluable contributions in helping us ship the right product.

Later in the day, the final bits will be up on MSDN for our MSDN subscribers around the world to get access to the product. ..."


Euan Garden's BLOG : SQL Server 2005 shipped!

"SQL Server 2005 RTM'd today, it will be available on MSDN in a couple of hours and through other channels in a few weeks. ..."

Rock on...

And guess what? I'm downloading it NOW! Yeah! Come on... come on.... faster, damn it!

:)

Update #1 10/27/2005 @ 10:54am PDT:
:(

I lied. While I can see the ISO images on MSDN, I can't download them ("Error while initiating file transfer. Error Code = 11001.")

Damn it.

Retry... Retry... Retry... Still not working... Retry... Retry...

Update #2 10/27/2005 @ 1:12pm PDT:
:)

Downloading for real now... They've pull the CD images and replaced them with the DVD images. Downloading SQL 2k3 Dev ED DVD, VS 2k5 Developer DVD, Visio for EA 2k5, SS 2k5, and VSTO 2k5. What I don't see are the MSDN Lib CD's. Maybe that's on the VS DVD?

Well we'll see soon enough. The download speeds are outstanding, at the max of my cable modem. Transfer Manager is in flux between 550 and 590 KB/sec. I love my cable modem... :)

Update #3 10/27/2005 @ 7:20pm PDT:

Downloaded, mounted with the XP Virtual CD ROM Control Panel and about to install it.

Besides VS, the VS for Team Developer DVD also contains Visio EA (so I can delete that ISO) and VSS (so I can delete that ISO now too). It also contains MSDN for VS 2005.

Fingers are crossed and here I go...

No comments: